About Me

My photo
I am 24 years young, a momma to three beautiful little ones, an inspired chef and pastry artist , student, and amateur blogger! This has lead me to starting a blog of my own somewhere to write about the new recipes I make, post pictures, and possibly help other busy moms out with dinner :) Of course I will also blog about my adventure in Culinary Arts! Please look up "Country Mom Chef" on facebook and LIKE the page!!! :)

Monday, June 10, 2013

Lots Of Updates!

I apologize that it's been a while since I've posted anything on here. After my surgery my schedule picked up with school, work, and everything in between!! Thankfully I've healed well from the surgery and can say I feel I'm about 90% back to myself. I had an interview a couple of weeks ago for an extern position with Williamsburg Inn. I'm not sure if I had mentioned it on my blog or not, but I know I did on my Country Mom Chef facebook, the interview went well and I was asked back to help with banquets and pantry in their kitchen before they would make a final decision on the position I was out for. Unfortunately I had found out after the interview and all that I would not receive credit for the extern position if I was to have it right now apparently I am not to that point in school. That's a long story I could go on and on about but I will just save that ramble and say I gave it all to God and he was sure on time! I called the executive Chef of the Inn back the next day and told him the situation I had found out from school and that I could not accept the position if it was offered because I could not give them 100% of my time and attention because I am a full time student still and the school would not give me credit. He was very nice about it and told me to come back and apply again next year when I am eligible for the credit. The day after I made that phone call the executive chef for Williamsburg Lodge called me and asked me to come interview for their extern position, I explained to him the situation and asked if there were any other positions I could go out for as an employment opportunity and he said yes he would work with me and we set up an interview. I had that interview last Thursday the 6th and have been hired on!!! I will be starting in their kitchen on the 24th! I couldn't be more excited. I'm very thankful they believe in me and my passion and will work with me to teach me what I need to know so I can grow in the culinary world and better my skills. I will be starting out as a cook 1 position with growth to cook 2 position after hard work. He also told me next year I will go to the Inn for my extern position!!! I've said it plenty of times on my facebook page so you've heard this if you follow me there, if you give it to God all of a situation pray about it and really leave the decision and steering wheel to him he WILL lead you to where you need to be. I can honestly say I did that and this is where he is leading me. I am thankful for that! Today I go to submit my drug test, paper work, and receive my uniforms from the lodge. So welcome to this part of my journey to all of those who follow along!!!

LearnToCook.com
June 6th was a very busy, but amazing day for me. Not only did I get hired by the Lodge but after I got home and checked my emails I had an email from LearnToCook.com telling me I won their monthly give away of a gift card for following along with them! Talk about luck! I was then put in touch with their Associate Director of Marketing who reviewed my blog and facebook for Country Mom Chef and asked if I would be interested in guest blogging on their website for them!!!! This is a huge opportunity and of course I said yes!!! Over the weekend I came up with a few different ideas that I could blog about, mostly recipes where I will also walk people through how to hold a knife correctly, how to dice, cut, etc. so not only will my posts contain yummy recipes and pictures, but also will teach people the basics to the culinary world that I have learned myself. You would be surprised the difference in holding a knife. I emailed her those ideas today and am looking forward to hearing back from her and working with them!

School
Classes for our new term started a couple of weeks ago. I love my culinary techniques class it's so interesting. We've learned mostly about vegetables so far basics on cooking them, cutting, dicing, salads different types, dressings. It's been a good class. A small class. There are only 4 students and that includes me. We cook a lot from the time we get to class until the later part of the evening. I also have college composition. I only go to that class once a week, and I'm thankful! Obviously I write, I have a blog, but I have not formally written in a long time. Last night I reviewed the syllabus and I am going to be writing ALOT. I want to say there were about 10 different papers on different topics and subjects. It will be an interesting class. I will be in this class until early August.

Well!!! I am going to close out on this post, but I will have a couple of more posts to put up this week! Thank you all for following along with me on this journey. Thank you for the messages I receive from my sweet followers telling me how much they look forward to my posts and growing, and how proud they are! I love you all!!!

Ya'll have a good day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment